Resources & Support
There are a variety of resources for graduate students looking for support, referrals and advice, both within AeroAstro and at the Institute level. It’s important to us that our students know we are here to help with any problems that arise during the course of their studies.
- Local & Institute Reporting Paths: A summary of reporting path options at MIT if you have a concern or would like to file a complaint. It’s important to us that that you feel safe, respect, and supported as part of the AeroAstro and MIT communities.
- AeroAstro Communications Lab: Staffed by Communications Fellows, the AeroAstro Communications Lab offers writing, speaking, and visual design support for engineers by engineers!
- MIT Now: Frequently updated repository for all Covid-related information as it pertains to life at MIT
- MIT Covid Apps: Download and usage instructions for all Covid-related MIT access and information apps
- Office of Graduate Education: Centralized resource providing support and referrals for graduate student issues, mostly related to academics
- MIT GradSupport: Staff in the Office of Graduate Education who provide advice and counsel on a variety of issues including faculty/student relationships, changing your advisor, conflict negotiation, funding, academic progress, interpersonal concerns, and a student’s rights and responsibilities.
- Office of Graduate Education Fellowship Resources: Centralized resource providing info on internal and external fellowship sources. MIT Director of Graduate Fellowships can also be contacted for help.
- Title IX and Bias Response Office: Centralized resource for students to report incidents of bias, discrimination or harassment – anonymous reporting available.
- Violence Prevention and Response: Confidential support for sexual harassment, stalking, assault and other interpersonal issues. Available 24/7 at 617-253-2300
- MIT Mental Health and Counseling: Resource for mental health counseling sessions and therapy, by walk in and appointment.
- Heads of House: If you live in an MIT dorm, these faculty members can provide you with support and advice.
- MIT Chaplains/Office of Religious Life: Resource for confidential counseling and spiritual support in times of crisis.
- MIT Ombuds:Confidential institute level open to all for support and advice for a range of workplace issues, conflicts and disputes.
- dREFS: Confidential departmental peer resource for advice and support – students are trained in conflict resolution and can help with a variety of issues. (Confidential for graduate students only.)
- Student Disability Services: Resource to help students with disabilities with access to all of MIT’s programs, activities and services.
- AeroAstro Student Services Office: Departmental resource for support, advice and referrals for graduate student issues. Email Faith Crisley for an appointment.
- AeroAstro Department Heads: Department resource for support and advice on a range of graduate student issues, mostly related to academics, research and advising. Drop-ins welcome or email Department Head Daniel Hastings or Associate Department Head Steven Barrett for an appointment.
- Grad Association of Aeronautics and Astronautics (GA^3): Departmental graduate student group who can help provide information about the department, student life and research labs. Email them at email@example.com.
- International Students Office: Institute resource for advice and support for international students. Drop by or contact Janka Moss, AeroAstro’s liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate Student Teaching Opportunities & Resources
- Student Groups
Other helpful links and resources
- MIT Medical
- Add/Drop – Student Forms and Petitions
- MIT Best Practices in Graduate Student Advising
- MIT Writing Center
- iGrad Financial Literacy Resources
- GWAMIT Mentoring Program
- Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD)
- Citation Help and Tools
- Thesis Specifications (MIT Libraries)
- ARM (Accessing Resources at MIT) Coalition
- Advisor Hub Alumni Career Advising and Networking
- GSC Travel Grant Info and Application