The MIT AeroAstro HBCU Partnership Program is comprised of two key experiences: a fall visit (open to both juniors and seniors) and a summer research program (open to juniors), which take place within the same academic year. All expenses related to travel to MIT, including airfare, accommodation, and food will be paid for by the Department.
Fall 2023 Juniors
- Attend 2023 Fall Visit: Preferred principal investigators/labs will be selected.
- Participate in 2024 Summer Research Program (9 weeks)
- Apply for MIT AeroAstro Graduate Program by Dec. 2024 for Early Decision Admission for Fall 2024 Admittance. Application fee waivers are available. Visit the graduate fee waiver application site for more information.
Fall 2023 Seniors
- Attend 2023 Fall Visit: Learn more about the Department and the available resources to prepare a strong graduate program application.
- Apply for MIT AeroAstro Graduate Program by Dec. 2023 for Early Decision Admission for Fall 2024 Admittance. Application fee waivers are available. Visit the graduate fee waiver application site for more information.
2023 Fall Visit
During the three-day visit, you will have a chance to learn about the graduate program in AeroAstro, research opportunities in the department, and the 13 fields of graduate study by engaging with faculty, staff, and current students. You will attend a workshop with tips for applying to our graduate program to help you feel prepared to submit a strong application. As importantly, you will learn about graduate life through social events and will be able to tour AeroAstro’s facilities, labs and MIT campus. Program applications open on August 21, 2023. The Fall Visit will be held on October 25-28, 2023. The event agenda is forthcoming and will be posted here.
2024 Summer Research Program
Junior year students who attend the Fall Visit in 2023 are eligible to return the following summer to participate in a 9-week research program under the guidance of MIT faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and advanced graduate students. After learning more about MIT AeroAstro during the Fall Visit, summer program participants will indicate their interest working with principal investigators or research areas of their choice, which will be taken into consideration when pairing students with mentors and research labs for the following summer.