There are a variety of resources for graduate students looking for support, referrals and advice, both within AeroAstro and at the Institute level. It's important to us that our students know we are here to help with any problems that arise during the course of their studies.
- Frequently updated repository for all Covid-related information as it pertains to life at MIT
- Download and usage instructions for all Covid-related MIT access and information apps
- Centralized resource providing support and referrals for graduate student issues, mostly related to academics
- Staff in the Office of Graduate Education who provide advice and counsel on a variety of issues including faculty/student relationships, changing your advisor, conflict negotiation, funding, academic progress, interpersonal concerns, and a student’s rights and responsibilities.
- Centralized resource providing info on internal and external fellowship sources. stirrell [at] mit.edu (MIT Director of Graduate Fellowships) can also be contacted for help.
- Centralized resource for students to report incidents of bias, discrimination or harassment – anonymous reporting available.
- Confidential support for sexual harassment, stalking, assault and other interpersonal issues. Available 24/7 at 617-253-2300
- Resource for mental health counseling sessions and therapy, by walk in and appointment.
- If you live in an MIT dorm, these faculty members can provide you with support and advice.
- Resource for confidential counseling and spiritual support in times of crisis.
- Confidential institute level open to all for support and advice for a range of workplace issues, conflicts and disputes.
- Confidential departmental peer resource for advice and support – students are trained in conflict resolution and can help with a variety of issues. (Confidential for graduate students only.)
- Resource to help students with disabilities with access to all of MIT's programs, activities and services.
AeroAstro Student Services Office
- Departmental resource for support, advice and referrals for graduate student issues. Drop ins welcome Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday or email bethamar [at] mit.edu (Beth Marois) for an appointment.
AeroAstro Department Heads
- Department resource for support and advice on a range of graduate student issues, mostly related to academics, research and advising. Drop-ins welcome or email Department Head hastings [at] mit.edu (Daniel Hastings) or Associate Department Head hamsa [at] mit.edu (Hamsa Balakrishnan) for an appointment.
- Departmental graduate student group who can help provide information about the department, student life and research labs. Office Hours Wednesdays, 11:30am-12:30pm in room 33-104 or email them at ask-ga3 [at] mit.edu.
- Institute resource for advice and support for international students. Drop by or contact Janka Moss, AeroAstro’s liaison at janka [at] mit.edu.
Other helpful links and resources
- MIT Medical
- Add/Drop - Student Forms and Petitions
- MIT Best Practices in Graduate Student Advising
- MIT Division of Student Life Support Flowchart
- MIT Writing Center
- iGrad Financial Literacy Resources
- GWAMIT Mentoring Program
- Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD)
- Citation Help and Tools
- Thesis Specifications (MIT Libraries)
- ARM (Accessing Resources at MIT) Coalition
- Advisor Hub Alumni Career Advising and Networking
- GSC Travel Grant Info and Application