- identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- define core competencies and strategic thrusts
- prioritize investments of department resources
- strengthen faculty consensus regarding the department’s future directions
Our Strategic Plan is based on a set of core values:
- excellence/leadership in research and education
- commitment to the aerospace profession through Institute, national, and international leadership
- commitment to open research and education
- commitment to collaborative research addressing real-world challenges
- passion for air and space vehicles and systems, the technologies that enable them, and the missions they fulfill
- commitment to department students, faculty, and staff personal and professional development
Our vision is to enable novel aerospace and related systems through education, research, and leadership; and to use these systems to inspire future generations of engineers, leaders, and innovators to be critical thinkers possessing deep technical understanding and systems perspective.
Our Strategic Plan is a foundation for an exciting and beneficial future.