AeroAstro Strategic Plan
Anticipating evolution in technology, education, industry, and MIT, the Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics produced a Strategic Plan based on our vision, mission, and values. Driving this plan's development was a desire to:
- identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- define core competencies and strategic thrusts
- prioritize investments of department resources
- strengthen faculty consensus regarding the department’s future directions
Our Strategic Plan is based on a set of core values:
- excellence/leadership in research and education
- commitment to the aerospace profession through Institute, national, and international leadership
- commitment to open research and education
- commitment to collaborative research addressing real-world challenges
- passion for air and space vehicles and systems, the technologies that enable them, and the missions they fulfill
- commitment to department students, faculty, and staff personal and professional development
Our vision is to enable novel aerospace and related systems through education, research, and leadership; and to use these systems to inspire future generations of engineers, leaders, and innovators to be critical thinkers possessing deep technical understanding and systems perspective.
Our Strategic Plan provide us with a foundation and roadmap for an exciting and beneficial future.