To apply to the AeroAstro graduate program, all of the following items must be received no later than December 15, our application completion deadline (December 1 for the LGO program):
- Electronic Graduate Application form and admissions fee
- Statement of Objectives addressing your past research and academic experience, including which labs/faculty/projects you are interested in at MIT AeroAstro (Part of electronic application)
- Transcripts for each school from which you received or will receive a degree, scanned and uploaded to our electronic application where asked - official transcripts preferred, but unofficial are acceptable. (Admitted students will be required to submit hard copies in the spring)
- Three electronic recommendations, sent using our electronic application interface
- GRE general test official score report, sent directly from the Educational Testing Service.
Additional Item for International students:
- TOEFL or IELTS official score report, sent directly from ETS or IELTS (unless all schooling since primary school has been completed in English - see policy under Admissions Criteria)
Please DO NOT contact us to check the status of your application materials before submitting your electronic application form. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to handle individual queries. Once you submit your application you will be notified of any missing materials.